söndag 16 november 2008

Challenge about first times...

I have been challenged by Jonatan about first times. I just decided to go international, so here it is in english!

The first time I...

1. ate Tacos (mind you Tacos was imported to Sweden quite late compared to pizza and hamburgers) was in 1990 in Roscommon, Michigan where I just had landed to spend a year as an exchange student.

2. drove a car was when I was 17 ½ and made my only attemp ever to get a drivers license (in Sweden you have to be 18 to get it, and at the time you could start drivers ed 6 months before that).

3. slept in a tent was... forgotten. I really don't remember. My siblings and I used to sleep in our sail boat when we were little -not out boating but just at the dock, just for fun. The only time I really remember in a tent I froze my butt off at Nattkampen (a nightly adventure competition that Church of Sweden Youth in a few dioceses arrange every year) with parts of the national board of Church of Sweden Youth. It must have been in the end of the 1990s.

4. drank alcohol I was too young. And stupid. Enough said.

5. got a job I was 15. I worked in the kitchen at a confimation camp. After that I was stuck in church. I've done lots of volonteering too of course, but also actually worked before I was ordained.

6. was on stage was in school. I think it was 2nd grade and we acted out what ever play bravely.

7. fainted was in church as Mikaelskyrkan in Uppsala was re-consecrated after a renovation. I read a verse from the Bible and everything started spinning and got black.

8. answered a silly questionnaire was probably in school.

I challenge some great YCW friends: Alex, Suzanne and Ann.

Inga kommentarer: